Brief notes, since I’m somewhere in-between music practice, grant proposal writing, and sleep:
- Growing Fins remains my most updated blog. I just posted a mixtape.
- Short story reviews and reading notes happen only once a month over at Bibliotheca Luminis.
- Because of pretty intense academic deadlines, the fiction writing goes slow. But consistently. Some nights I’m only writing about three sentences. But I stick to the same principle that’s helped me for years “make it three sentences that advances a beat or the plot”. So, having done that, I generally sleep, content. Oh! Short fiction editing/revising is also happened. But at a snail’s pace. everything is so slooow and I’m telling myself to be patient with myself.
- I kid you not, I’ve been whittling away at the same problem chapter in Watermyth for nearly a month now. Publishing in 2022 seems optimistic. At the rate I am going, perhaps this will only come out in 2024.
- Toying with the idea of returning to blogging about my haphazard language learning journey and my woes in playing chess over at Bibliotheca Luminis. I mean, I have to talk about it somewhere. To be decided.
I hope you are all doing well, being mindful in your life and eschewing toxic habits/influences and unhealthy patterns of behaviour. I am doing my best to live my best life and to be mindful in all that I do. I fail every now and then, but I do believe I’m getting better at it. That’s something to be thankful about.
Be well. Love and light.